- April 7, 2019
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
In The Quest for El Dorado, players take the roles of expedition leaders who have embarked on a search for the legendary land of gold in the dense jungles of South America. Each player assembles and equips their own team, hiring various helpers from the scout to the scientist to the aborigine. All of them have one goal in mind: Reaching the golden border first and winning all of the riches for themselves. Whoever chooses the best tactics will be rewarded!
Quest for El Dorado Tournament Rules
LexiCon reserves the right to modify, update, clarify, or change event rules in the interest of making LexiCon the best event possible. No fundamental rules changes will be made after 04/05/2019.
- All games will be played using the Quest for El Dorado official rules (Ravensburg)
- The Tournament will consist of 3 rounds
- Each round will consist of 4 players per game
- The first round will be played on the board set-up provided for the initial game [B-C-N-I-K], and the 4 section dividers/blockades will be placed in the following order from B to K: Water, Gravel, Village, Forest.
- The second round will be played on the board set-up “Serpentine” [A-C-E-G-J-M], and the 5 section dividers/blockades will be placed in the following order from A to M: Gravel, Village, Water, Forest, Gravel.
- The third (final) round will be played on the board set-up “Witch’s Cauldron” [A-L-G-D-M-I], and the 5 section dividers/blockades will be placed in the following order from A to I: Gravel, Water, Gravel, Forest, Village.
- All players are expected to abide by the LexiCon Conduct Policy
- LexiCon Tournament Judges’ and Coordinator’s rulings are final and arguments or poor conduct by players will not be tolerated. LexiCon reserves the right to remove players from the event or LexiCon itself with no refunds allowed.
- Points will be awarded based on the order that each player makes it to El Dorado for each round (first = 4, second = 3, third = 2, and last/fourth = 1)
- At the end of the third round, all players’ points for each of the three rounds will be totaled, and prizes will be awarded to the first and second place finishers based on most points and second most points scored.
- There will be no ties for position in a round. Ties will be broken based on blockades collected.
- Each round, players will have their points earned noted.
- At the end of the third round. Each player’s round points will be totaled.
3:00 pm – 3:10 pm Set up, Check-in, and Table Assignments
3:10 pm – 3:40 pm Round 1
3:40 pm – 3:45 pm Round 1 break down, Round 2 set up
3:45 pm – 4:20 pm Round 2
4:20 pm – 4:25 pm Round 2 break down, Round 3 set up
4:25 pm – 4:55 pm Round 3
4:55 pm – 5:00 pm Wrap up and Awards
The Main Hall is located in the Ballroom of the Clarion Convention Center.