- April 6, 2019
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
In Kingdomino, you are a Lord seeking new lands in which to expand your kingdom. You must explore all the lands, wheat fields, lakes, and mountains in order to spot the best plots. But be careful as some other Lords also covet these lands…
Dominoes with a kingdom building twist. Each turn, connect a new domino to your existing kingdom, making sure at least one of its sides connects to a matching terrain type already in play. The game mechanics for obtaining the tiles is clever: the order of who picks first depends on which tile was previously chosen. Make sure to secure tiles with crowns- these royal treasures help to multiply the worth of your kingdom at the end of the game! The game ends when each player has completed a 5×5 grid, and then points are counted based on number of connecting tiles and crowns.
Kingdomino Tournament Rules
LexiCon reserves the right to modify, update, clarify, or change event rules in the interest of making LexiCon the best event possible. No fundamental rules changes will be made after 04/05/2019.
- All games will be played using the Kingdomino official rules (blue orange)
- The tournament will consist of 4 rounds
- Each round will consist of 4 player games
- For the first round, players will be randomly assigned tables
- During the following 2nd, 3rd and 4th round, players will be placed in games with scoring peers
- All players are expected to abide by the LexiCon Conduct Policy
- LexiCon Tournament Judges’ and Coordinator’s rulings are final and arguments or poor conduct by players will not be tolerated. LexiCon reserves the right to remove players from the event or LexiCon itself with no refunds allowed.
- Points will be awarded based on score each player achieves at the end of each round.
- At the end of the fourth round, all players scored for each of the four rounds will be totaled, and prizes will be awarded to the first and second place finishers best on most points and second most points scored.
- There will be no ties for position in a round. Ties will be broken in order: most castles in the center (per rulebook), most complete 5 x 5 territory (per rulebook), most “rare” landscapes.
- Each round, players will have their points earned noted.
- At the end of the fourth round. Each player’s round points will be totaled.
10:00 am – 10:10 am Check-in and Table Assignments
10:10 am – 10:30 am Round 1
10:30 am – 10:50 am Round 2
10:50 am – 11:10 am Round 3
11:10 am – 11:30 am Round 4
11:30 am – 12:00 pm Wrap up and Awards
All Tournaments are located in the Claibourne room near the Library.