- April 7, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
LexiCon is proud to bring back our big Catan tournament for the 6th year in a row!
Permit us to address a question that has come up repeatedly. No, we are unable to expand the tournament to 64 participants. Although we realize that the 32 seats will sell out well in advance of the convention, unfortunately we simply lack the space to double the tournament size at this time. Rest assured we will keep looking for opportunities to expand.
The LexiCon Catan tournament is our largest tournament of the weekend. The tournament will take place in 5 rounds over the course of the day on Sunday. All entrants will compete in 3 rounds starting at 10 Sunday morning. You *must* arrive at 9am on Sunday to be registered and assigned a seat, and to review the rules of the tournament. After 3 rounds, the 16 players with the highest cumulative score will advance to a two round single elimination playoff to determine a champion.
Prizes are as follows:
- All players will receive a Catan expansion map just for participating.
- The top 16 players will receive and additional LexiCon prize.
- The top 4 players will receive a deluxe prize courtesy of LexiCon.
- The overall winner will receive:,
- All of the above,
- Admission to the National Catan Tournament at Origins 2019,
- Invitation to the Catan Champions Dinner at Origins 2019,
- A $30 Gift Certificate from the Rusty Scabbard (who will have a booth in the Vendor Hall), and
- A special surprise gift from LexiCon.
Good luck as you seek to become the Lord of Catan!
*** All events at LexiCon require the purchase of a LexiCon badge to participate. ***
All Tournaments are located in the Claibourne room near the Library.