LexiCon works with several great, local charities. For instance, each year, LexiCon holds a fundraiser for Big Brothers and Big Sisters as well as giving them badges for the convention on Sunday, our Family Day. Here is some more information about these great programs. Let us know if you would like to get involved!
Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Bluegrass
Lexicon takes pride in supporting a local charity each year and we are pleased to be in partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bluegrass again this year.
Lexicon will be supporting BBBS through a variety of means.
- Lexicon is offering every Big Brother, Big Sister, Little Sister and Little Brother a free pass to Lexicon for Friday and Sunday. A Big Brother will be able to bring his Little Brother to the convention to see the amazing exhibits, participate in special events, or just have fun playing games from the Library. All FREE thanks to your participation in Lexicon.
- Lexicon will provide everyone the opportunity to make direct tax free donations to BBBS at the convention.
- Lexicon will once again offer LEXICON: THE GAME! for you to play in support of BBBS.
- Lexicon will host a very special board game auction to raise money for BBBS.
- Lexicon will provide BBBS with a special booth at the convention where you can learn more about the program and the many ways you can help.
BBBS does so much to improve the lives of young people. The many great volunteers of BBBS:
- Provide tutoring
- Become role models
- Spread joy
- Teach life skills
- and so much more.
Natalie Thompson, Program Director from Big Brother/Big Sister reports:
Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
As always, we are currently enrolling volunteers to mentor children on our waiting list, and have a larger need for male mentors, in particular. We also hope to be able to serve more children in the area, but can do so only with the support of the community. For information on how to volunteer or how to support our efforts, call us at 859-231-8181 or email Natalie Thompson, Program Director, at: email@example.com
The Jack Vasel Memorial Fund
The JVMF raises money for fellow gamers who find themselves in crisis. Lexicon supports the fund by offering items and purchasing items in the annual auction. You can support the JVMF through the annual auction or year-round through direct donations.
Kentucky Children’s Hospital
The Western Kentucky Ghostbusters are the largest and most active Ghostbuster franchise in Kentucky. Their courteous and efficient staff have been serving the Bluegrass since 2003 in everything from parades, movie screenings, conventions, and charity fundraisers. The team will be raising money all weekend long at LexiCon in support of the Kentucky Children’s Hospital. So if you’re troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night, who ya gonna call?